Do You Shop on Amazon?

If you shop on Amazon please use this link http://amzn.to/1srz3YY It won't cost you anything extra, but it will help me.

Sunday 6 November 2011

One year on

It's now a year since I had my stroke.
What a year of ups and downs it's been too, mostly up's though I have to say.
I have been lucky, I survived and I've only been moderately affected.
I can just about walk now, but only for short distances. Arm movement and control is slowly returning. I have a few short term memory, cognitive, and stress issues. My blood pressure is just about under control now, as long as I avoid stress, as is my cholesterol.
I have managed to avoid any falls or seizures so far.

Generally I have come to terms with my new life and I feel positive for the future.

I look at this image from time to time, (MRI image taken the day after the stroke), it reminds me that a little piece of me is gone forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment