Do You Shop on Amazon?

If you shop on Amazon please use this link http://amzn.to/1srz3YY It won't cost you anything extra, but it will help me.

Sunday 4 December 2011

Prejudice against the disabled


A newspaper article about prejudice against the disabled has been brought to my attention, and prompted this comment on the Stroke Association forum!

Being disabled has certainly open my eyes to the intolerance of the general public, although thankfully I have not been directly abused as of yet, people barge past , barge in front, walk straight at me and huf under their breath,

I feel like shouting at them, I'm sorry if the fact that I've had a stroke has inconvenienced your life for a bit, because it sure as hell has kicked the arse out of mine!

That government and press should reinforce these prejudices is unforgivable.. and we call ourselves a civilised country... HA!

Read the article here http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/dec/04/ian-birrell-prejudice-against-disabled

1 comment:

  1. No, you're not imagining it Andy. It happens.

    I've very supportive neighbours, but on the rare times I'm out and about with 'er 'outdoors in the city centre, I get jostled and grumbled at.

    As you say....

    Thanks for highlighting that. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete